20 Ways to Practice Self-Care in 2017
By Lindsay Champion Via PureWow
Rest, breathe, repeat
The next time you start to feel stressed or overwhelmed by adulting, take a deep breath and consider indulging in one (or all) of the items on this list. That annoying project can wait until after your candlelit bath, thank you very much.
1. Buy yourself fresh flowers just because it’s Tuesday and your desk looked sad and sparse.
2. Watch your favorite movie with a giant bowl of popcorn and a glass of wine nearby.
3. …Better yet, make it a sad one and have a long, hard, cleansing cry, just because.
4. Light some candles and draw a bath. (Don’t be stingy with those fancy soaps and oils, either.)
5. Or take a leisurely shower that involves hair masks, full-body exfoliation and shaving your legs...only if you want to.
6. Then brush your hair slowly and deliberately (like you’re Rapunzel and you’re treating yourself to a scalp massage).
7. Instead of focusing on the things you need to do, write down a list of your accomplishments. Because you’re awesome, dammit.
8. Treat yourself to a massage…and hey, what the heck, why not add on a facial, too?
9. Cancel unnecessary plans. Like drinks with that friend-of-a-friend you’re not sure you even like (or remember) in the first place.
11. …And then hang out with your pet (or stuffed animal friend) all day.
12. While you’re at it, take a break from social media. You won’t miss much—maybe another photo of your friend’s kid or the meal your boss ate on vacation.
13. … And then watch all of the Carpool Karaokes instead. (Marry us, James Corden.)